In West Tennessee we've definately had our share of rain lately. In September, the official weather "persons" recorded 8.59 inches of rain and reported it was one of the wettest Septembers had in about nine years. So far, we've seen 11 days with rain during the month of October and we still have a few days to go.
So, since everyone seems sick and tired of all the rain....
Today, I decided I would compile a top 10 list of why we should be happy to have the rain.
1. FREE car wash
2. Great oppotunity to wear the new cool rain boots that are in style.
3. Helps the fall leaves to change brilliant beautiful colors.
4. Sounds great on the roof thus promotes good sleep.
5. No worries about a drought.
6. Romantic setting for a walk in the rain. ;-)
7. You can fulfill your dream to walk barefoot in the rain or splash in puddles.
8. If you have a big hole in your yard...you can take a swim.
9. You can grab your umbrella and recreate the scene from Singing In the Rain.
10. You don't have to water your yard.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Alabama vs Tennessee 10/24/09
The game was sort of a sleeper if you ask me. The first 3 Qtrs were soooo boring. It was a game of field goals.
Then suddenly the game was nail biting and suspensful.
Terrence Cody, who is my new hero, saved the game by blocking a punt by the Tennessee Vols. Roll Tide Roll!!!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Why doesn't the food you craved as a kid taste the same now that you are an adult?
I used to LOVE Chef Boyardee Ravioli,Totino's frozen pizza, and McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers.
Have they changed the formulas or recipes? Or is it our adult taste buds are different?
Mollie is on fall break and we went to the $5 movie yesterday afternoon, Whip It.
It was really cute. A girl from a small town in Texas gets tired of the beauty pageants her mom makes her enter and happens across a female roller derby team.
She tries out and makes the team.
The game becomes her passion.
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
I have a weakness. I LOVE PUPPIES!!!
The Humane Society mobile unit visited my work today. They had an eighteen week old shepherd/mastiff mix baby boy named...MOOSE. That is a picture of Moose above. And YES, I fell in love and NO, I did not adopt him.
My voice of reason knew that Moose was going to eat more than I do at some point in his life. And if you know anything about the Mastiff then you know why they named him Moose. If you don't know anything about the Mastiff breed. The picture below will be self explanatory.