Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lemon Lime Jello Cake

Sorry my picture is a bit blurry. I found a recipe on a random blog for this Lemon Lime Jello Cake. The blogger said it was one of their family traditions to make this cake every year for their Grandmother on her birthday. Even though her grandmother had passed away, she still makes the cake every year on her birthday as a celebration and rememberance of her Grandmother's life. I thought that was the neatest tradition. (I guess it's simular to the fact that I can't eat white gravy and biscuits without thinking of my Granny Girdner.) I made the Lemon Lime Jello cake over the weekend and it was very good. It's a refrigerator kept cake so it was refreshing and light. A great summer time cake!!! I have included the recipe below!!!
(The plate is one of my granny's by the way)







Recipe





* 1 pkg. lemon cake mix





* 1 large pkg. lime Jello





* 1 small pkg. instant lemon pudding mix





* 1 envelope Dream Whip





* 1 1/2 cups cold milk Dissolve Jello in 1 1/2 cups boiling water.





Add 1 cup cold water. Stir and set aside to cool.





Bake the lemon cake in a 13x9" pan. Cool completely before using a knife or large fork to poke holes all over the cake. I usually poke my holes in rows. It makes for a pretty design once you cut the cake. Carefully pour the Jello mixture evenly over the cake. Refrigerate while making the frosting. Frosting: In a chilled bowl, beat together one package of Dream Whip, the box of lemon pudding, and 1 1/2 cups cold milk. Spread over cake, then refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment