Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blessed

I ran over to the dollar store on my lunch break today. And as I was driving through the shopping center parking lot, I saw this in front of the old Marshall's store which closed down last year. No, it's not trash. It's someones bed and worldly possessions. Some one slept here!!! I know that last night we had terrible thunderstorms and tonight we are expected to have very cold temperatures. I cannot imagine living like this. My whole life I have been blessed with a family, a home, warm clothes, food on the table, a bed, a shower and bath, shoes, and the list goes on. The things I listed are what most of us consider the basics and we lack for none of them. In fact, I am feeling pretty spoiled as well as blessed at the moment. Now, I don't know how people become homeless. I hear that some are lazy and I hear some are scamming us standing on the street corners begging for money and then go get into an expensive car and drive to a luxurious home. Shame on those who are dishonest, but what about the ones that aren't lazy or scamming? Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I hope that when we are with our families this year we really appreciate our blessings and pray for those who are less fortunate.

1 comment:

  1. You centainly bring it home. You are a very special person to be observant to others needs when most people are thinking of self. I love you and your tender heart.

    ReplyDelete