Thursday, June 23, 2011

Retro Packaging ....

Is it a ploy for those of us 40 somethings to buy the beloved junk food from our past or what?

I went to the grocery store the other evening. My mission was "FOOD"!!! (Mollie said we had NOTHING in the house to eat...may I give a disclaimer?...we have "FOOD" just not the kind she wanted..)
As I strolled down the chip aisle.... (i.e. Mollie's idea of "real" food)
...my heart went pitter patter when I saw the retro packaging of one of my favorites and retro-ish packaging and flavor of what my family calls..."stinky chips".



Here is the LIMITED EDITION retro packaging of Cheetos. Wow...cool memories. Reminds me of my teenage years.




And here is the Doritos Taco Flavor in retro-ish packaging. And yes, I bought the Doritos Taco Flavor. I wanted to see if the flavor was what I remembered and I also wanted Mollie to try them. But, if I remember correctly, the packaging is a bit different. There was a clear circle you could actually see the chips through in the original bags. ( I guess they didn't want us to see how some chips may have "settled" during shipping...right? ha )
Mollie, fell in love with them. Kind of cool to introduce her to something I ate as a kid and gave me a taste from the past. However, I don't remember the indigestion from the past. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment